When to Hire a Wrongful Death Attorney
If a loved one has been the victim of an unfortunate accident at the negligent hands of someone else, you and your family should contact one of our attorneys to determine if you are eligible for damages under Florida law. Wrongful death can occur from one of the following, and more:
- Automobile accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Product malfunction or manufacturer negligence
What Damages can a Florida Wrongful Death Attorney Seek?
The attorneys at 411 Justice LLC LLC will help you navigate the complex legal system, working hard to determine the ultimate causes and negligent parties in an accident. Working with us, you and your family may be eligible for:
- Lost support and services from the decedent, both now and in the future, this includes lost income
- Loss of companionship, mental pain and suffering
- Lost parental companionship, mental pain and suffering
- Medical and funeral expenses
Florida law requires a personal representative of the decedents estate bring any claims against negligent parties. This person is most commonly a spouse, parent or child. A Florida wrongful death attorney can help you determine what damages you may be eligible for and the best course of action to seek them.
What Must We Show?
In Florida, wrongful death attorneys must determine and prove:
- The death was caused by the misconduct or negligence of another person or company
- The life expectancy of the deceased
- Life expectancy of surviving beneficiaries
- Much of the loss is emotional