How do I clear unpaid tickets?

Tickets must be paid in the traffic court in the county in which the citation was issued. Some traffic courts allow payment online via credit card. Contact the clerk of court to determine if you can pay your late tickets.

How do I clear a suspension for failure to complete court-ordered school or school election was made, but I did not attend, or school election was made and I was not eligible to attend?

If you failed to complete school, your driver license is suspended indefinitely. To get your license cleared, contact the traffic court in the county where the traffic summons was issued and satisfy the traffic summons and present proof of the satisfaction plus a $47.50 reinstatement fee in any Florida driver license office.

Out-of-state residents must send the satisfaction and $47.50 reinstatement fee and a letter of residency to: The Bureau of Driver Improvement, P.O. Box 5775, Tallahassee, Florida 32314-5775. A clearance letter will be mailed to you.

How do I reinstate if my license is revoked for inadequate vision?

The individual must submit a report of eye exam to a Florida Driver License office and may be licensed if minimum vision standards are met. If record states "Inadequate/Field of Vision," then a vision report including a "Field of Vision Chart" must be mailed to: The Bureau of Driver Improvement Vision Section, 2900 Apalachee Parkway, MS 87, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0570. The Medical Board will review the chart, advise the department, and the department will advise you.

How many months suspension do I get for 12 points, 18 points, or 24 points?

12 points earned within 12 months results in a 30-day suspension.
18 points earned within 18 months results in a 3-month suspension.
24 points earned within 36 months results in a 12-month suspension.

How do I reinstate my license after a revocation as a Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO)?

Driver license will be revoked for 5 years. After 1 year from the effective date of revocation, the subject may request a hardship license. Contact the Administrative Reviews Office where you live. Advanced Driver Improvement (ADI) School will be required unless alcohol was involved, then a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) school will be required.
If the HTO revocation has expired, a Florida resident must still obtain authority to restore through the Administrative Reviews Office where you live.

How do I reinstate after my license is suspended for being delinquent in child support?

This is an indefinite suspension of your driver license. The individual must present an affidavit, Form # DHSMV 73986, from the child support agency, depository or the clerk of the court. The affidavit must be dated within 30 days of the reinstatement to be honored. No exam is required, but a $47.50 fee is required to reinstate the driver license. If the affidavit is dated before the suspension date, then the suspension is deleted and no fee is required.

Write to request Form #DHSMV 73986: The Bureau of Records, 2900 Apalachee Parkway, Rm. B235 - MS 91, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0570

I have a Florida license and received a traffic ticket in another state. Will this affect my Florida driving record?

If you hold a Florida license and have received a ticket in another state, they will send Florida the ticket information and it will be added to your record. You will receive points on your license if the ticket is a point-accessible violation according to Florida Statute 322.27(3). Florida law does not allow any school or program to remove points for a ticket received in another state.

Any unpaid ticket reported by another state will result in the suspension of your Florida license. If this has happened you must contact the county where you received the ticket and obtain a receipt with the Court seal. You must present this receipt to DHSMV via fax, mail, or in person at any Florida Driver License Office. There will be a $47.50 reinstatement fee due if the ticket was paid after the Florida suspension date.

1 Step 1

Please fill out the form below for a FREE CASE EVALUATION

First Name
Last Name
Tell Us About Your Case
0 /
powered by FormCraft